Location: Campbeltown, Argyll & Bute
Length: 3 miles
‘Pioneer’ An 0-4-0 well tank built by Andrew Barclay in 1876 for the Campbell Town Coal Co, which was later converted to an 0-4-2WT. This loco was delivered for the colliery railway that preceded the C&MLR. It never ran on C&MLR metals.
‘Chevalier’ Built in 1885 by Andrew Barclay as an 0-4-0ST with an open backed cab. It carried works number 296. It was rebuilt in 1926 using some components from ‘Princess’ and became an 0-4-2ST with a new enclosed cab.
‘Princess’ A Kerr Stuart 0-4-2T ‘Skylark’ class built in 1900 as works number 717. This loco was scrapped in 1926 and components used to rebuild ‘Chevalier’.
‘Argyll’ Andrew Barclay 0-6-2T carrying works number 1049, built in 1906.
‘Argyll’ Sister loco to Argyll, these two carried out the bulk of the work on the C&MLR after their delivery. Argyll was delivered in 1907 and bore works number 1098. Both locos were scrapped upon closure of the line.